Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hello From The Other Side!

Hi everyone!  It's been awhile since I've posted anything, I know.  My life has kinda headed in a completely different direction.  And I want to tell you about that, and maybe ask for your support.  But I will do my best to reward you for your support so make sure you scroll far enough down to read about that.

So we moved.  From Colorado to Maine.  To farm.
Yep.  :)

We are those people.  The kind of people you hear about and say "they did what!?!"


We moved 2000 miles from a crowded suburb to a 90 acre parcel in Central Maine, where we knew nobody, to start a farm.  What appealed to us was a simpler life and the values of small towns.  We loved Maine and its beauty and looked for property out here for several years before making the move.  When we found the property we wanted, we put in an offer sight unseen (other than online).  See?  Crazy.  But we couldn't be happier and we have been working diligently ever since on turning the piece of land into a working farm.  
It's been an exciting and crazy adventure so far.  We have suck all of our time and money into this adventure and still have so much more we want to do.  We are trying to set up a legitimate farm that serves and meets the community's need.

So we've decided to try a crowdfunding campaign...I mean, it's worked for others, right?

Here's how you can help.

1) View the campaign, and if you feel compelled to contribute, do so!
                 **  Since you are my scrapbooking friends, I will gladly swap out any contribution gift with a scrapbooking goody box.  Just let me know.  
                 ***  Have feedback about our campaign?  PLEASE share it with me.  I have never done this before and appreciate any advice or feedback you have.  

2) SHARE the campaign.  Help us spread the word!  You can share on Facebook, twitter, blogs, message boards...wherever you can think of!
      As an incentive for sharing, we are doing a giveaway.  Everyone who shares the campaign link gets an entry to the giveaway.  Winners can choose between an Olde Haven Farm gift bundle or (once again, since you are my scrapbooking friends) an amazing scrapbooking/paper crafting goody box.  I will make it worth it, I promise.  ;)

So now that I have said all that.  Here's the link to our campaign.



And here are some pictures from our last year...



















I have plenty more I could share, but I don't want to make this post even longer.  :)



I want to thank you in advance for the sharing and the contributions to the campaign.  You can follow the farm on Facebook here.

MISS YOU GUYS!

Pamela

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Holy wow! So many people dream of doing this, and you've DONE it! What a great experience for the kids!

Unknown said...

Very cool!!! Congrats!